We’re delighted to have received the Bronze Award for ‘Best Targeted Community Engagement’ in the PR Awards 2019 for our involvement in the launch of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort’s Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! The award, organized by MARKETING, recognises the best community engagement campaigns that have engaged a specific target audience effectively – offline or online.
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! was launched at Hong Kong Disneyland at the end of March and was the second of their Marvel Super Heroes attractions at the park.
To launch the new attraction, GHC Asia launched a 3-month 360-degree online and offline campaign exclusively targeting Marvel fans as those most likely to become ambassadors for the attraction, and to generate more visits.
Under the theme of “Bigger Battle Calling Smaller Heroes”, a series of campaigns were planned to help engage Marvel fans throughout Hong Kong. These included:
• A first reveal event of Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! and an exclusive back-of-house fans tour of HKDL’s 1st Marvel ride – Iron Man Experience;
• A Marvel Fans Exchange Day;
• Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Launch Ceremony & Fan Gathering;
• The official opening of Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!;
• Synergies with The Walt Disney Company on movie marathon activity in town.
By making the fans our advocates the exciting news of the new attraction was spread faster to the wider market, including the media, and these campaigns effectively turned Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! into a new talk of the town subject.